What you need to know about it and how you can help your four-legged friend
Do you suspect that your dog suffers from osteoarthritis? At alphazoo we would like to give you the necessary knowledge and some measures to make life easier for your dog with this disease.
What is osteoarthritis?
Osteoarthritis is a chronic joint disease that often occurs in older dogs. It is caused by the progressive breakdown of cartilage in the joints and can lead to pain and limited mobility.
Symptoms of Osteoarthritis in Dogs
Typical signs of osteoarthritis in dogs can include pain, limping, stiffness especially after lying down for long periods of time, and a decrease in general activity. A change in your dog's behavior can also be an indication.
Diagnosis of osteoarthritis
The diagnosis of osteoarthritis is made through a thorough examination by the veterinarian and imaging diagnostics such as X-rays or ultrasound. The different degrees of osteoarthritis can be determined precisely.
Treatment for osteoarthritis aims to relieve your dog's pain and improve his mobility. Drug treatments, physiotherapeutic measures and food that is gentle on the joints can help to increase your dog's well-being.
Prevention of osteoarthritis
A healthy and balanced diet, regular exercise that is gentle on the joints and regular health checks at the vet can help prevent osteoarthritis.
- Osteoarthritis is a chronic joint disease that particularly affects older dogs.
- Signs of osteoarthritis can include pain, stiffness, and reduced activity.
- The diagnosis of osteoarthritis is made through a thorough examination and imaging diagnostics.
- When treating osteoarthritis, the focus is on pain relief and improving mobility.
- You can prevent osteoarthritis by maintaining a balanced diet , exercising that is gentle on the joints, and having regular health checks at the vet.
At alphazoo we strive to help you give your four-legged friend a life that is as pain-free as possible. If your dog suffers from osteoarthritis, we are here to provide you with helpful information and solutions.