What you should know and how you can fight them
Does your four-legged companion suffer from flatulence? In this article from alphazoo we give you an overview of the causes, symptoms and effective countermeasures for flatulence in the dog world.
What is flatulence?
Bloat is a buildup of gas in your dog's digestive system. They are often the result of impaired digestion and can be unpleasant for your dog.
Causes of Bloat in Dogs
There are several reasons why your dog might have gas. Some of the most common include certain foods, fast eating, certain health conditions, and even stress.
Symptoms of flatulence
The main signs of bloating are a bloated stomach and excessive gas production. In more serious cases, your dog may show signs of discomfort or pain and limit his activities.
Diagnosis and treatment of flatulence
Your veterinarian can usually identify a digestive disorder in your dog through a physical examination and medical history. Treatment can vary depending on the cause and ranges from dietary adjustments to medication to surgery in severe cases.
Prevention of flatulence
- Bloat is a buildup of gas in your dog's digestive system and can cause discomfort.
- Causes of bloating can include certain foods, rapid eating, health conditions, or stress.
- Signs of bloating include a bloated stomach, excessive gas, and possibly pain or discomfort.
- Diagnosis of bloat can be made by the veterinarian through a physical examination and medical history.
- Avoiding bloating can be achieved through a balanced diet, eating slowly, regular exercise and reducing stress.
At Alphazoo, we are committed to helping you maximize your pet's well-being. If your dog is suffering from flatulence, we are here to provide you with helpful information and solutions. Find the fart brake for your darling!