Your dog's paws need special attention, especially in the cold season. At Alphazoo we have put together some tips to keep your best friend's paws healthy and happy.
Paw check: What you should pay attention to
The first rule of paw care is regular inspection. Regularly check your dog's paw pads and toes for cracks, small injuries or foreign objects.
Paw protection: How you can protect your dog's paws
Protect your dog's sensitive paws with special paw protection products. These form a protective layer over the paw pads and help protect them from cold, ice, salt and snow.
Bunion care: How to care for your dog's pads
Grooming: Dealing with the fur between the toes
The fur between your dog's toes can become clumped with ice and snow. To avoid this, keep the fur in this area short and clean. Regular combing also helps prevent clumps.
After the walk: Paw cleaning is important
After every walk you should clean your dog's paws thoroughly. Pat them lightly to remove ice and snow and wash with warm water to remove road salt and other irritants.
- Check your dog's paws regularly for cracks, small injuries or foreign objects.
- Protect your dog's paws with special paw protection products.
- Use a paw cream or wax regularly to care for your dog's pads.
- Keep the fur between your dog's toes short and clean to avoid clumps.
- Clean your dog's paws thoroughly after every walk.
With these tips you can ensure that your dog's paws stay healthy and pain-free. Your dog will definitely appreciate the extra care and attention!